Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Extreme Obedience!

Click here to listen to blog

You, Lord, are my shepherd.

I will never be in need.

 

You let me rest in fields

of green grass.

 

You lead me to streams

of peaceful water, and you refresh my life.

You are true to your name,

and you lead me

along the right paths.

 

I may walk through valleys

as dark as death,

but I won't be afraid.

You are with me,

and your shepherd's rod

makes me feel safe.

 

You treat me to a feast,

while my enemies watch.

You honor me as your guest,

and you fill my cup until it overflows.

 

Your kindness and love

will always be with me

each day of my life,

and I will live forever

in your house, Lord.

Psalm 23:1-6

In order to be led by the Shepherd you must first become one of His sheep. It is common to assume that we are "all God's children" and that Jesus is everyone's Shepherd.

Because of the sin of Adam and Eve we are not "naturally born" Children of God. We become Children of God and His sheep when we are "Born Again." And how does that happen? It happens when you become convicted of your own sin and your need for Jesus and then you respond to Him by giving Jesus control over everything in your life. At that moment your life becomes one of "Extreme Obedience." You look and listen for the desires of Jesus and without hesitation you obey!

If the question is "what must I do to be saved" the answer is both "nothing" and "everything." There is nothing you can do to deserve your own salvation and yet if you enter in to that saved relationship with Jesus you will be compelled by His Holy Spirit to do everything He says!

If Jesus tells you to do something, don't write a theology of that thing, just trust and obey. Obedience does not depend on your understanding. You can obey without knowing why Jesus ask you to do something!

"Dear Lord, I want to be extremely obedient to You. Show me some way today that I can obey You. I don't pray that You will give me understanding so that I can obey. But I pray that my understanding of Your commands will come after I obey them! Open my eyes today Lord as I walk in Your will. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment