Friday, May 24, 2013

How to Succeed!

Click here to listen to blog

I tell myself, “I am finished!

I can't count on the Lord

to do anything for me.”

Just thinking of my troubles

and my lonely wandering

makes me miserable.

That's all I ever think about,

and I am depressed.

Then I remember something

that fills me with hope.

The Lord's kindness never fails!

If he had not been merciful,

we would have been destroyed.

The Lord can always be trusted

to show mercy each morning.

Deep in my heart I say,

“The Lord is all I need;

I can depend on him!”

The Lord is kind to everyone

who trusts and obeys him.

It is good to wait patiently

for the Lord to save us.

When we are young,

it is good to struggle hard

and to sit silently alone,

if this is what

the Lord intends.

Lamentations 3:18-27

You don't read about the stories of those who failed to overcome the difficulties in their lives. There is no demand for stories about failures. But the world is filled with "How to Succeed" books. Sadly, I have learned that most is not all of those do not guarantee success, they only tell how someone else did it.

Truthfully, success is not something you do, rather it is a decision you make. When you decide to let Jesus Christ be the Lord of your life then your success is guaranteed. No matter what happens here on this earth you will leave this life triumphant over death and live forever with Jesus in Heaven!

When I fly in an airplane, the determination of whether or not the trip is a success or a failure is this: Did I arrive at my destination alive and in one piece? If I did it doesn't matter how bumpy the ride that got me there. However if the flight was smooth and peaceful, but just before landing we crashed into a mountain, that trip would be the ultimate failure.
When Jesus is  your Lord there is no guarantee that the ride will be smooth. In fact, there is a guarantee in the Bible that it will not be always smooth. The guarantee is that you will get to Heaven safely.

"Lord Jesus, I choose You instead of this world. Even though this life is troubling and unsettling, when I hold on to You Jesus I know everything will be fine in the end. Hold me close to You Lord. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment