Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Beyond the Cross!

Click here to listen to blog

After Judas had gone, Jesus said:

Now the Son of Man will be given glory, and he will bring glory to God.  Then, after God is given glory because of him, God will bring glory to him, and God will do it very soon.

My children, I will be with you for only a little while longer. Then you will look for me, but you won't find me. I tell you just as I told the people, “You cannot go where I am going.” But I am giving you a new command. You must love each other, just as I have loved you. If you love each other, everyone will know that you are my disciples.

John 13:31-35

Jesus looked beyond the Cross. He was just hours from having the nails driven into His hands but He was already thinking about the Glory that He had before He came to this earth and He focused on the fact that it was going to be restored!

As you see the storm clouds beginning to rise and the beautiful day threatens to turn into a terrifying night remember the joy that will come in the morning! One advantage of living in time instead of eternity is that everything comes to an end in this world, including suffering and pain.

If you are, like Jesus only hours away from having the nails driven into your hands, then do as He did. Look beyond your cross to the time when you will see the sun again and the joy that is on the other side of that cross.

"Lord Jesus help me  look beyond the cross that I am facing. Reassure me that the only thing that will go on forever is the joy of being with You in Heaven. Come quickly Lord and let that Day begin. And may You be praised forever. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment