Saturday, January 25, 2014

God's Plan for this Day!


After Jesus had finished speaking to his disciples, he looked up toward heaven and prayed:
Father, the time has come for you to bring glory to your Son, in order that he may bring glory to you. And you gave him power over all people, so he would give eternal life to everyone you give him.  Eternal life is to know you, the only true God, and to know Jesus Christ, the one you sent. I have brought glory to you here on earth by doing everything you gave me to do.
John 17:1-4

When Jesus did something that God had planned for Him to do it brought Glory to God! I believe the same is true for you and me. God, who sees and knows everything, even the future has plans for me today. There are situations that I will encounter today which God has already determined how I should respond. My job is to implement God's plan for this day and be prepared to do the same tomorrow.

When things "go wrong" and troubles come we so often call on God to remove the circumstances rather than confronting them as He has planned for our lives! Don't feel guilty though. Jesus Himself asked God if the Cross could be removed from His life, and that was the night before it was to happen!

Lord, help me to understand that You are not Glorified by the things that don't happen in my life, but rather by the things that do as long as I confront them in the way You have planned!

"Jesus, I don't understand the value of my suffering, but I do understand the value of Yours. Help me today to embrace the cross in my life even as You did in Yours! And may the Father be glorified by everything I do today. Amen."


No comments:

Post a Comment