Thursday, January 23, 2014

The Full Life!


Jesus said:
I tell you for certain that I am the gate for the sheep. Everyone who came before me was a thief or a robber, and the sheep did not listen to any of them. I am the gate. All who come in through me will be saved. Through me they will come and go and find pasture.
A thief comes only to rob, kill, and destroy. I came so everyone would have life, and have it fully.  I am the good shepherd, and the good shepherd gives up his life for his sheep. 
John 10:7-11
Even a thief has a purpose in what he does. The purpose of a thief is to rob, kill, and destroy. The purpose of Jesus coming to this earth was to give everyone life and not just life, but a full life!

If you are a Christian how is your new, full life different from the old one? Suffering, pain and sorrow were all part of the old life before you became a follower of Jesus, but suffering, pain and sorrow are all part of your new life as well. Before you became a Christian the threat of being martyred for what you believe was probably not part of your life. But as a Christian you may very well have to give up your life for Jesus.

So what is this "full life" that Jesus says He came to give us? The full life is simply a life filled with faith, hope, peace and purpose and with the love of God flowing through you to everyone around, even your enemies! It is an existence marked by the presence of the Holy Spirit and sweet fellowship with God Himself in prayer! It is a life of joy in knowing that nothing can separate you from God because of what Jesus did on the Cross!

Has anyone ever lived life to the fullest? Of course I don't know the answer to that question, but I do know that my life with Jesus has a long way it can go!

"Lord Jesus I ask You today to give me more of the 'full life' You make available to those who follow You. May I feel Your power surge through me like the woman who touched the hem of Your garment. And may Your name be praised forever. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment