Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Who Owns Your Gold?

Click here to listen to blog

On the twenty-first day of the next month, the Lord told Haggai the prophet to speak this message to Governor Zerubbabel, High Priest Joshua, and everyone else:

Does anyone remember how glorious this temple used to be? Now it looks like nothing. But cheer up! Because I, the Lord All-Powerful, will be here to help you with the work,  just as I promised your ancestors when I brought them out of Egypt. Don't worry. My Spirit is right here with you.

Soon I will again shake the heavens and the earth, the sea and the dry land. I will shake the nations, and their treasures will be brought here. Then the brightness of my glory will fill this temple. All silver and gold belong to me.

Haggai 2:1-8

You see or hear the commercials in the United States almost every day. Someone is trying to sell silver and gold. They tell me it is a safety net for the "bad times" that are sure to come. And if you can afford to own a piece of silver or a piece of gold it can be very helpful when a money system collapses.

Did you know that no matter how much silver or gold you have in your safe, God says that He owns it all? I suppose that means that if I give to God what belongs to Him I must give Him all of my silver and gold!

And if I give God all my silver and gold why shouldn't I give Him everything else, including my heart? If someone asks you "How much are you giving to God?" let the answer be "Everything!"

If you transfer everything you get to the Lord's ownership as soon as you get it, life becomes much simpler. Then when the Lord moves on your heart to give away something you possess it is not a problem because you know it doesn't belong to you anyway.

We are, at best temporary stewards of the things that God has created. If you "own" a house ask yourself who will own this house in fifty years? If you are very young, maybe you will still live in that house, but if you are past retirement age yourself you know that you will not own that house fifty years from now.

"Lord, thank You for allowing me to be the steward of some of Your silver and gold. Show me today how to use the material blessings that You have put in my care. Let me be a channel of Your blessings to those who are in need! And may You be praised forever. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment