Sunday, January 19, 2014

Words of the World!



The priests do their work each day, and they keep on offering sacrifices that can never take away sins.  But Christ offered himself as a sacrifice that is good forever. Now he is sitting at God's right side, and he will stay there until his enemies are put under his power. By his one sacrifice he has forever set free from sin the people he brings to God.
The Holy Spirit also speaks of this by telling us that the Lord said,
 “When the time comes,
I will make an agreement
with them.
I will write my laws
on their minds and hearts.
Then I will forget
about their sins
and no longer remember
their evil deeds.”
Hebrews 10:11-17

A little baby is like a blank piece of paper waiting for someone to begin writing the words that will shape and form his or her life on this earth. For most of us the first impact on our page is the love of a mother. She embraces her child and cares for every need as she teaches the first lesson of love. She writes it carefully on the mind and heart of her baby.
Before we sin for the first time, and we all do, we establish a relationship with our father who teaches us to trust and obey his will for the family. If he is a good father his contribution to our life will be large and lasting.

But then we become accountable for allowing our hearts and minds to receive the words of the world. They come slowly at first and begin to challenge the truths we have learned from those who love us best. The drop of rain becomes a shower and then a down pour. Then comes the flood of words that contradict the truths of God Himself. It seems there is no room left on our page for any more writing, at least not until Jesus arrives in our life!

When Jesus comes to your life He begins to write on your mind and your heart. Jesus not only writes truth on your life, but He erases the words that the world worked so hard to write on your heart!

"Lord Jesus, I ask You today to write more of Your heart on my heart. Put more of Your mind in my mind and help me to forget about my sins even as You no longer remember my evil deeds. And may I be one of those who praises Your Name forever! Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment