Friday, January 24, 2014

The Greatest Love Story Ever Told!






I kneel in prayer to the Father. All beings in heaven and on earth receive their life from him. God is wonderful and glorious. I pray that his Spirit will make you become strong followers and that Christ will live in your hearts because of your faith. Stand firm and be deeply rooted in his love.  I pray that you and all God's people will understand what is called wide or long or high or deep. I want you to know all about Christ's love, although it is too wonderful to be measured. Then your lives will be filled with all that God is.

Ephesians 3:14-19
There is a desire deep within the heart of every man to want to know where he came from. The study of genealogy can captivate your interest and can become addictive. When you look to those who came before you, you are tempted to blame them for some of your problems today and credit them with your successes. And to some extent we can accurately do that, but there is a source for our lives that is much more direct and important.

Your life came from God the Father! It was God who fashioned you in your mother's womb. It was God who enabled you to take your first breath and join the ranks of the human family!

It was the love of God that caused you to be born. Your mother loved you as well, perhaps more than any other human being could, but God's love for me and for you is greater than a mother's love.

That love was most vividly expressed in the sacrifice that Jesus made by coming to this earth and dying on the Cross. The Bible is indeed the greatest love story ever told! All Jesus wants from you is your heart. He is blessed by your love more than anything else you could ever do for Him! Jesus has already given you His love and now He waits today for you and me to to show our love for Him!

"Lord Jesus, show me today how to let You know that I love You! Open my eyes to the ways I can let Your eyes see my love for You. And may You be praised forever. Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment