Friday, June 6, 2014

Blinded by the Light!

IMG_6139

One day about noon I was getting close to Damascus, when a bright light from heaven suddenly flashed around me. I fell to the ground and heard a voice asking, “Saul, Saul, why are you so cruel to me?”

“Who are you?” I answered.

The Lord replied, “I am Jesus from Nazareth! I am the one you are so cruel to.” Those who were traveling with me saw the light, but did not hear the voice.

I asked, “Lord, what do you want me to do?”

Then he told me, “Get up and go to Damascus. When you get there, you will be told what to do.”  The light had been so bright that I couldn't see. And the others had to lead me by the hand to Damascus.

Acts 22:6-11

When Saul, who would later be known as Paul saw Jesus on the road to Damascus, the light was so bright that he became blind.  Later Ananias came to Saul and baptized him.  Saul could see again, but it was not the same. 

Before he saw Jesus on the road, Christians were his enemies, now they were his brothers and sisters.  Before he saw Jesus his zeal for God pushed him to kill Christians.  Now he would spend the rest of his life encouraging all men to follow Christ.

If you are not a follower of Jesus, you need to know that when you give your heart to Jesus the way you see the world around you will change.  Some things that you see now, you will see no more.  And many things that you cannot see now, you will see clearly.

If you are a disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ, the Light of Christ has blinded you to many things in this world.  Even as a little child looks around and does not see the evil in the hearts of men, the Light of Jesus has dimmed your view of sin.  You see what men can become with Jesus rather than what they are without Him! 

"Lord Jesus shine in my eyes with Your blinding light and then let me see the world as You see it!  And may we all fall down at Your feet!  Praise Your Name forever.  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment