Sunday, June 22, 2014

Is Jesus Your Fondest Dream?

 

IMG_5733

All I want is to know Christ and the power that raised him to life. I want to suffer and die as he did,  so that somehow I also may be raised to life.

Philippians 3:10-11

Now they call it a "Bucket List." It is things you want to do before you die.  I suppose it could be called an "Unfulfilled Dreams List" as well.  That's what all advertisement is about.  Advertisements, also called "commercials" on electronic media,  attempt to create a desire in you for something that you don't have.  It may be a new car, house, watch, or even a new kind of medicine!  Whether we want to admit it or not, the desire for something we don't have can be rather all-consuming! 

Is it wrong for something you want to control your life?  The answer to that question depends on what it is that you desire.  If you want to "know Christ and the power that raised Him to life" then you can let that desire run wild in your heart!  You can safely let your life be consumed with Jesus!  There is no man alive who loves Jesus and desires Him "too much!" 

Let Jesus become your obsession!  Seek Him more than anything else in your life.  Strive to know Jesus better today than you did yesterday.  Pray about everything so that you will see His hand move around you as He answers those prayers!  Add two words to your TO DO list.  Let it become a TO DO WITH JESUS list.  Eliminate everything that cannot be done with Jesus!  Then let your heart loose to run after the Lord!

"Lord Jesus, make me deaf to those who would tell me that I desire You too much!  Open my ears to hear Your voice and the Words You are speaking to my heart today!  May You, Jesus be praised forever and ever! Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment