Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Supercharged by the Holy Spirit!

 

IMG_6139

In certain ways we are weak, but the Spirit is here to help us. For example, when we don't know what to pray for, the Spirit prays for us in ways that cannot be put into words.

Romans 8:26

Are you a "List Person?"  Some folks have "To Do Lists,"  "Address Lists," and of course "Prayer Lists!"  I am not good with lists.  This may shock you, but I don't think I have ever had an "official" prayer list.  Yes I do pray and I pray every day, but I don't usually pray from a list.  So I take great comfort in this verse (Romans 8:26) because when I don't know what to pray for the Spirit prays "in ways that cannot be put into words. 

So when I say to God, "I really don't know what to ask You about __________!  The Spirit steps in and approaches the Father with the perfect request!  What an amazing and comforting truth!  So I can go to God and pray for situations about which I am totally ignorant and still pray with the Power of the Holy Spirit! 

When someone asks you "How is your prayer life?" the answer should be simple.  My prayer life is "Supercharged by the Holy Spirit!"  When I am weak, He is strong!  When I am ignorant, He knows everything! 

Perhaps that is why the prayer of a child can be so powerful!  A little child with innocence and ignorance asks God to bless someone.  Then the Holy Spirit steps in and goes to God about all the appropriate blessings that are needed.

As you pray today, don't hesitate to pray for someone because you are not informed about what is needed in their life.  Pray even for those with unknown needs because the Holy Spirit will step in and complete your request!

"Lord Jesus, I praise Your Holy Name!  You are worthy beyond all imagination.  Help me today to see how the Holy Spirit supercharges my prayers!  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment