Friday, June 20, 2014

God’s Search Engine!

IMG_5687

 

Who can measure the wealth and wisdom and knowledge of God? Who can understand his decisions or explain what he does?

“Has anyone known

the thoughts of the Lord

or given him advice?

 

Has anyone loaned

something to the Lord

that must be repaid?”

 

Everything comes from the Lord. All things were made because of him and will return to him. Praise the Lord forever! Amen.

Romans 11:33-36

My own pride tempts me not to talk about it, but I have some friends who are a lot smarter than I am. It is quite evident when I converse with someone whose I.Q. exceeds my own that they understand much more about our topic of conversation than I do. It can be intimidating, but it can also be a wonderful challenge and learning experience! If that person is also my friend I am truly blessed by our "un-equal" intellect!


Prayer is the same. When I pray, I enter into conversation with the One who knows everything. Unlimited wealth, wisdom and knowledge are accurate descriptions of God. When I submit my request to "God's Search Engine" the answer is totally accurate, complete and true! And to make things even better, Jesus is also my Friend!


So then you ask God the question: "What must I do to be saved?" That is what everyone's heart asks when they are confronted with sin in their own life. The problem is this: When I see how terrible my own sin is, even I can't honestly tell God that I should go to Heaven when I die. And with the guilt of my sin hanging around my neck, Heaven would be a horrible experience of trying to hide my sin from everyone else while pretending to enjoy Eternal Bliss.


Have you asked God what you must do about your own sin? Have you asked Him what you must do to be saved? If not, now is the time!


"Lord Jesus, I know that You know the answer to every question and in fact, You are the answer to the problem of my sin! Help me today Lord to hear Your voice and receive Your wisdom which is so much greater than mine! And may You be praised forever! Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment