Friday, July 17, 2015

An Ocean of Troubles!


My people will go through an ocean of troubles, but I will overcome the waves and dry up the deepest part of the Nile.  Assyria's great pride will be put down,and the power of Egypt will disappear.    I'll strengthen my people because of who I am, and they will follow me.  I, the Lord, have spoken!

Zechariah 10:11-12
 
The promises of God for His people are not all wonderful, beautiful and pleasant! One of the main promises God made is that His people will have trouble. Each day of your life will bring problems that only God can solve. That is how the world around you will come to know that your life is supernaturally supported and sustained! Then they will either be attracted to God through your experience, or they will continue to reject Him and focus that rejection on you.

Your concern must never be "how people respond" to you as you walk with Jesus. If you are praised, ignore it and if you are condemned pay no attention to that as well. What other people think of you, either good or bad must not play any role in your obedience to Christ! Follow Jesus, and ignore the world!

A child being held in the arms of his father can ride out a storm in peace, knowing that "all is well" in the midst of turmoil and trouble. As a child of God, rest in the arms of the Father and be at peace no matter what the "Ocean of Troubles" brings your way.

"Lord Jesus, You know, oh so well that living on this earth as a human being means that I will experience many troubles. Help me today to rest in Your arms and pay no attention to the world around me! May You be praised forever. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment