Thursday, July 16, 2015

Rescued by the Lord!

They say, “We will lie to our hearts’ content. Our lips are our own—who can stop us?” The Lord replies, “I have seen violence done to the helpless, and I have heard the groans of the poor.  Now I will rise up to rescue them, as they have longed for me to do.”  The lord’s promises are pure, like silver refined in a furnace, purified seven times over.  Therefore, Lord, we know you will protect the oppressed, preserving them forever from this lying generation, even though the wicked strut about, and evil is praised throughout the land.
 
Psalm 12:4-8 (NLT)

How bad does it have to get before the Lord Himself rescues the helpless and poor and oppressed? You can be sure that God has not turned His face away from those who are suffering. The Bible, however does not say that God will rescue everyone who is helpless and poor, but it does say that He will rescue those who have "longed" for Him to rescue them!

There is a difference in wanting to be rescued and wanting to be rescued by the Lord! Everyone who is in trouble wants to be lifted out of their despair, but only a few desire to be saved by God! When God comes to your aid your faith grows and you become bold about telling others of His marvelous love! When God rescues you, you experience a certifiable miracle.

I know I am not wrong to assume that you have lots of problems. If you are still breathing then that is true. The question is this: To whom or to what are you looking for your rescue? If your goal is to be saved from your trouble and you don't care where that help comes from, then you will miss a tremendous blessing. But if you are longing for the Lord to rescue you, you will experience one of the greatest moments in your life as you are lifted from your trouble.

Sometimes the Lord lifts you out of the pit of despair and sets you back on the ground of this earth, and sometimes He lifts you up from that pit and brings you all the way to Heaven!

"Lord Jesus, I want to be rescued by You today. I want You to be the answer to all my problems. I want my testimony to be that 'Jesus was indeed the answer' to every question in my life! And may You be praised forever. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment