Sunday, July 19, 2015

Doorstep of Eternity!


When a woman is about to give birth, she is in great pain. But after it is all over, she forgets the pain and is happy, because she has brought a child into the world.   You are now very sad. But later I will see you, and you will be so happy that no one will be able to change the way you feel.   When that time comes, you won't have to ask me about anything. I tell you for certain the Father will give you whatever you ask for in my name.   You have not asked for anything in this way before, but now you must ask in my name. Then it will be given to you, so you will be completely happy.

John 16:21-24
 
As a young man who was about to become a father for the first time, I quickly learned how terrible labor pains could be. For that brief time, which seemed like it was very long, I stood by and watched my wife in excruciating pain as we waited for our daughter to be born. But then came the birth and the pain was gone, replaced by unspeakable joy!

The Bible says that the trouble which will come before Jesus returns is like the labor pains of a woman who is about to give birth. It will be terrible. Trouble will engulf the entire world!

Is it possible that the trouble in the world today, is what the Bible predicted and we stand on the very "Doorstep of Eternity?"

The answer to that question is "Yes!" The return of the Lord Jesus Christ may be many years in the future, but it also may be only moments away! No one knows for sure, but one thing is certain: Now is the time for all men to turn their hearts to Jesus and prepare for His return! You can't give your heart to Him yesterday and tomorrow may be too late. It is only "NOW" that you have opportunity to commit your life to Christ!

Here is the saddest part! Those who go to Hell for eternity will be their not because of their sins. Their sins were dealt with on the Cross of Christ. They will be in Hell because they rejected Jesus, who is the only One who could rescue them from Eternal Death.

"Lord Jesus, come into my heart and my life as I wait for Your return. I know for sure Lord, that all the pain and suffering of this life will be turned into unspeakable joy when that wonderful moment arrives. Come quickly, Lord Jesus! And may You be praised forever. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment