Monday, July 6, 2015

The Power of the Potter!



Click here to listen to blogPeople of Israel, I, the Lord, have power over you, just as a potter has power over clay.If I threaten to uproot and shatter an evil nation, and that nation turns from its evil, I will change my mind.If I promise to make a nation strong, but its people start disobeying me and doing evil, then I will change my mind and not help them at all.So listen to me, people of Judah and Jerusalem! I have decided to strike you with disaster, and I won't change my mind unless you stop sinning and start living right.Jeremiah 18:6-11When a lump of clay complains to the potter and declares that it does not want to be vessel in the heart of it's creator, the clay never wins!  But when the clay submits to the Hand of the Potter, the finished product can be glorious beyond anyone's imagination.Don't judge the pot when God is the potter.  If the Hand of God is shaping your heart on the wheel of life, that fact, in itself, is enough!  It really makes no difference what God has called you to be, as long as He has called you!  If God is shaping your life, then you are ordained of Heaven for the task He has given you, whether  or not it is a high position or a lowly one like Jesus Himself had!But if you, and others around you start disobeying God and living lives focused on your own pleasures, then God will not help you at all!  The simple advice for any person, people or nation that has turned away from God is this:  Stop sinning and start living right!And I would add this: Do it before it is too late!"Lord Jesus, You are the Potter and I am the clay.  Mold me and make me according to Your will.  Make me into the person You desire for me to be.  And may You be praised forever.  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment