Tuesday, November 10, 2015

A Word for Every Moment!



Click here to listen to blog 

The king of the north will invade many countries, including Egypt, and he will take its rich treasures of gold and silver. He will also conquer Libya and Ethiopia.   But he will be alarmed by news from the east and the north, and he will become furious and cause great destruction.   After this, he will set up camp between the Mediterranean Sea and Mount Zion. Then he will be destroyed, and no one will be able to save him.

Daniel 11:42-45


If you are aware of what is going on in the world and you read the Bible you will often find that the Word of God seems to describe current events!  I am not saying that these verses in the Book of Daniel are talking about our time, but the Bible does provide commentary on every generation on earth from the beginning to the end!

And I think, even more important is the fact that God has written relevant guidance for every day, and even moment of your life!  You cannot pick up a Bible and find that for your immediate problem, God has nothing to say!

When a baby hears his father's voice he is calmed and quieted even though he really knows nothing of what his father is saying.  During the last hours of my mother's life, we were told that the end was near.   Waiting for that moment was indeed a time of stress.  I remember picking up a Bible and reading as we waited.  I don't even remember what I read, but when I heard the voice of the Lord I was calmed and quieted like a baby hearing his father! 


Listen for the voice of the Lord today, not just for understanding, but to let You know that He is near and that since He is near you can be at peace.

"Lord Jesus, let me hear Your voice today!  And if You want to let me understand what I am hearing, then that is wonderful.  But, it is enough just to hear the sound of Your voice in my heart!  Bless Your Holy Name, now and forevermore.  Amen."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment