Monday, November 2, 2015

Never Grow Old!




Click here to listen to blog 

Some time later, I felt the Lord's power take control of me, and his Spirit carried me to a valley full of bones. The Lord showed me all around, and everywhere I looked I saw bones that were dried out.  He said, “Ezekiel, son of man, can these bones come back to life?”I replied, “Lord God, only you can answer that.”  He then told me to say: Dry bones, listen to what the Lord is saying to you,  “I, the Lord God, will put breath in you, and once again you will live.   I will wrap you with muscles and skin and breathe life into you. Then you will know that I am the Lord.”

Ezekiel 37:1-6

Because of Adam's sin death comes to everyone.  But when we are young and strong it is hard for us to imagine that we will ever die.  We see the old and sick, but we pretend that such a thing will never happen to me.  Then one day the living of life itself begins to remind us that we too are getting old and that death is coming even for us! 

The very thing that seemed impossible when we were young now begins to seem inevitable!  Now we must come to grips with the reality of death and how we should live up to that moment when we, as all men do transition to eternity.

The story of the dry bones in Ezekiel 37 reminds us that Jesus will bring us back from death to live with Him forever.  And this time, we will never die again.  Death will be gone as will suffering and pain and even sorrow. 

So as you see your physical body rushing toward it's final days on this earth cling tightly to the glorious truth that Jesus will speak the Word and you will rise to life and live with Him forever!  And so let your joy and peace grow stronger every day.

"Lord Jesus, thank You that because of Your death on the Cross I will rise to life and live with You forever, as the old song says, "In a land where we'll never grow old!"  And may You be praised forever.  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment