Monday, November 9, 2015

Songs in Your Heart!

 

Click here to listen to blog 

Our Lord, you bless everyone whose sins you forgive and wipe away.  You bless them by saying, “You told me your sins, without trying to hide them, and now I forgive you. ”Before I confessed my sins, my bones felt limp, and I groaned all day long.  Night and day your hand weighed heavily on me, and my strength was gone as in the summer heat.  So I confessed my sins and told them all to you.  I said, “I'll tell the Lord each one of my sins.”Then you forgave me and took away my guilt.  We worship you, Lord, and we should always pray whenever we find out that we have sinned.  Then we won't be swept away by a raging flood.  You are my hiding place!  You protect me from trouble, and you put songs in my heart because you have saved me.

Psalm 32:1-7

Has Jesus put songs in your heart?  Has Jesus become your hiding place?  Does He protect you from trouble?  Jesus does all those things in exchange for confessing your sins to Him. 

Imagine that you were guilty of some terrible crime, but your lawyer was able to convince a jury that you were not the one who did it.  You and God would still know that you were the guilty one and that justice would still demand that you paid the price.  That price would at least include a lack of peace and certainly troubled sleep for the rest of your life on earth!  Guilt or innocence is not determined by the ruling of a jury.

The "Good News" of the Cross of Jesus Christ is that because of His sacrifice your guilt is taken away.  You are not a guilty man who has not been convicted.  You were a guilty man, but now you are not!  You are as innocent as a new born baby even though your sins were many. 

And then Jesus puts songs in your heart.  He becomes your hiding place and protects you from trouble.  Forgiveness is wonderful, but being free from guilt is reason for an outburst of praise for the Lord!  The burden of the unforgiven man is that he must carry all his guilt and at the same time try to hide it from everyone around him. 

If you have not done so, then right now, stop everything and confess your sins to Jesus.  Tell Him everything that you have done and thought that you know is wrong.  He will forgive you and take away your guilt.  Then your heart will fill with songs of joy as you find Jesus to be a special hiding place from the cares of this world.  And best of all, your guilt will be gone!

"Lord Jesus, I want my heart to be pure before You.  Show me all my sins so that I can confess them to You and be free from the guilt and have my heart filled with songs from You!  May You, Lord Jesus be praised forever.  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment