Saturday, November 7, 2015

Everyone Will Know God!



Click here to listen to blog 

If the first agreement with God had been all right, there would not have been any need for another one.  But the Lord found fault with it and said, “I tell you the time will come, when I will make a new agreement with the people of Israel and the people of Judah.  It won't be like the agreement that I made with their ancestors, when I took them by the hand and led them out of Egypt.  They broke their agreement with me, and I stopped caring about them!   “But now I tell the people of Israel this is my new agreement: ‘The time will come when I, the Lord, will write my laws on their minds and hearts.  I will be their God, and they will be my people.  Not one of them will have to teach another to know me, their Lord.’  “All of them will know me, no matter who they are.  I will treat them with kindness, even though they are wicked.  I will forget their sins.”

 Hebrews 8:7-12

These verses are hard to understand.  It describes the "new agreement" as a time when everyone will know God.  You won't have to teach other people about God, because they will all know Him.  It will be a time when He will write His laws on the minds and hearts of people. 

As I write these words I know for certain that all men do not know Him!  The time when all men will know Him may be coming soon, but it is not now!  There are even those who call on the Name of the Lord but will hear Him say "Depart from Me.  I never knew you!"

My opinion, for what it's worth, is that these verses are talking about a time when we will all see Jesus with our eyes!  It will be quite obvious to everyone that Jesus not only exists, but we will know what He wants from all of us! 

But until that Day comes I must encourage all men to know Him!  If you do not know Jesus, then today seek Him with all your heart.  The Bible promises that if you seek Him you will find Him!  And when You find Jesus you will have everything you could ever want and everything you could ever need! 

"Lord Jesus, I do know You now, but I want to know You even better today.  Show me more of who You are and what You are like as I walk through this day.  And may the Glory be Yours forever and ever!  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment