Thursday, November 5, 2015

In God's Time!



Click here to listen to blog 

While standing guard on the watchtower, I waited for the Lord's answer, before explaining the reason for my complaint.
Then the Lord told me:  “I will give you my message in the form of a vision.  Write it clearly enough to be read at a glance. At the time I have decided, my words will come true. You can trust what I say about the future.  It may take a long time, but keep on waiting—it will happen!

Habakkuk 2:1-3

The timing of God is something only He knows and only He controls!  The Words that God speaks will happen just as He has said, but when they will happen is a mystery that no man has or can ever solve. 

Knowing the Word of God makes a man quite capable of identifying prophecies as they are being fulfilled, but does not make him able to identify when they will happen. 

When you take small children on a long car trip, you will almost always hear someone ask: "Are we there yet?"  As children of God we often ask the Father the same thing.  "Are we there yet?"  We see what we believe to be a prophetic fulfillment of Scripture and think: "This surely must be the time!"  "It must be this month or next month at the latest, that Jesus will return."  But time goes on past those "ideal" moments for the return of Jesus. 

You can know this for certain:  The Word of God will happen in every detail.  Nothing that God has prophesied will be left unfulfilled! 

But you can also know that everything will happen in God's time not my time!

"Lord Jesus, help me to be patient and be at peace about the timing of Your return and life on this earth as I wait for Your return or my departure!  Give me the strength to be obedient to You in every way as I wait for You to do what You have said will be done.  And may You be praised forever.  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment