Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Everything is Finished!

Everything is finished! I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will freely give water from the life-giving fountain to everyone who is thirsty. All who win the victory will be given these blessings. I will be their God, and they will be my people.

Revelation 21:6-7

I am a man of unfinished projects. I am an excellent starter. I can begin a project with great ease and most projects I can bring almost to completion. But the list of my finished works is much shorter. I would like to blame this characteristic of my life on some learning or attention deficit, but truthfully it is because in that way I am not like God.

God finishes everything He starts. God has no unfinished projects. There are no half completed sunsets in God’s art gallery. There were no partially created animals littering the Garden of Eden. The mountains are not half as high as God planned and the fish in the sea are exactly what God had in mind.

If you are a Christian, the Creator of the universe has started a work in your heart and life! If you are old enough in the Faith then you have probably recognized some of what He is doing in you. Like the potter and the clay He has been pounding you into shape. Like the potter and the pot He may have put you in the fire to make you hard and able to stand up against every foe. Like the shepherd with his sheep He may be teaching you to recognize His voice even when the noise around you is deafening. Like the commander with his troops God may be asking you to be ready to do battle with little or no sleep.

Whatever God is or has been doing in your life you can be sure that He will finish what He started doing in you. As a project of God, He will not leave you incomplete.

Before I leave on a trip I hurry to finish projects that are not yet complete and are ones that really do need to be done.

When Jesus returns for us we will all be “finished works.”

If it seems like His work on your life is picking up its pace, you can trust that it is because when Jesus returns He will utter the precious words, “EVERYTHING IS FINISHED.”

No comments:

Post a Comment