Saturday, May 16, 2009

Watch for Jesus!

“You also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him."

Luke 12:40

Inside of every man there is often a distinct difference in what his mouth proclaims and what his heart embraces. That difference is the substance of the war that rages in men’s hearts. I proclaim that I believe that Jesus may return at any moment, but in my heart I hold on to “I can live like I please” at least for a while longer. Then when things begin to really look like His coming is imminent I will live only for Him and be ready.

On the day that Jesus returns how many followers of Jesus will be thinking “this may be the day of the Lord’s return?”

Jesus Himself recognized that when He comes it will be “at an hour you do not expect.”

Here is a worthy goal. Expect the return of Jesus every day until He returns. Then if He comes before you leave this earth you will be one of the few who are expecting Jesus when He does come back.

A small child waits eagerly for his father to come home from work. I still remember standing at the window watching the road in front of our house waiting to see my father’s car turn in the driveway. What a blessing to a father who comes home to find his child eagerly expecting his return and waiting to embrace him when he comes through the door.

Do you want to be a blessing to Jesus? Then set your heart to be one of those who will be standing at the widow watching for His return. It will surely change the way you live!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bill,
    This is Dave, from Startek. How great is God's love that he gave you this talent to compose these devotionals in the early morning hours. I really enjoyed going to your website and know God is well pleased with your calling to do his work. Kaye and I worked after church in the Food Pantry and Clothing Outreach Ministry we are doing for All Believers In Christ Church (where Citi Church used to be on the square downtown Mansfield). Hope you continue this awesome display of love for our Savior and Redeemer!
    Yours in Christ,
    Dave and Kaye

    ReplyDelete