Monday, November 11, 2013

Tower of Babel Syndrome!


Come on! Let’s go down and confuse them by making them speak different languages—then they won’t be able to understand each other.
Genesis 11:7

Was the story of the Tower of Babel a one time event or did it establish a principle that still functions today? Was that the only time that God confused men and women who had set the pursuit of God aside for the race to attain personal glory, fame and fortune? Speaking the same language does not mean that two men will understand each other. There are many things that can cause a man to hear the words of another man, but not understand his heart. Those things can range anywhere from fear to prejudice and even sin.

I believe that God sees Babel all over again when He looks at some of His children who have begun to lay aside pursuing Him and His glory for the establishment of their own reputation. No one but God may see the problem when He allows confusion to enter the relationship and misunderstanding to reign.

The Good News is this: The "Tower of Babel Syndrome" is reversible. The solution is simple although it can certainly be personally painful. When everyone involved in the misunderstanding turns his heart to God in soul searching repentance and refuses to look at the sin of anyone except his own, the end of the story will by default be restoration and reunion.

My prayer must not be "Lord, I have not sinned." My prayer must always be "Lord, how have I sinned?" Only God can see the depths of my heart. Only God knows who must repent. So I place myself on His examination table and humbly listen to His diagnosis of my life!

When the line forms of those who need to repent of sin everyone qualifies. "If I say I have not sinned, the truth is not in me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment