Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Jesus Witnesses to God

Click here to listen to blog

If you tell others you belong to me, I will tell my Father in heaven you are my followers.

But if you reject me, I will tell my Father in heaven you don't belong to me.

Matthew 10:32-33

When you have a conversation on this earth about who Jesus is, there is also a conversation going on in Heaven about who you are!


When you confess your faith in Jesus then Jesus tells the Father that you are one of His followers. But when you tell someone that you are not a follower of Jesus, then Jesus tells God that you don't belong to Him.


This "truth" gives a whole new perspective to witnessing to others about who Jesus is. When I "witness" on earth, then Jesus "witnesses" in Heaven.


We are tempted to judge ourselves by how many times someone "accepts Jesus" because of our witness. If I tell the story of Jesus a hundred times on this earth, then Jesus tells my story to the Father a hundred times in Heaven! Jesus tells God about me even when no one responds to my "witness" on this earth!


So when you have or seize an opportunity to tell someone about Jesus, then think about the fact that Jesus is at that moment turning to the Father and telling God that you belong to Him. Keeping that heavenly conversation in mind as I tell the story of Jesus here on earth frankly give me chills. All I have to do is to confess Jesus before men on this earth and He confesses me to His Father. That is utterly amazing.


How many times today will God hear the sweet voice of Jesus mention your name? How long has it been since He heard your name?


Does it matter whether others respond to Jesus and also become His disciples? Oh yes it matters very much, but my "success rate" at evangelism has nothing to do with what Jesus says to the Father about me.


So even if men laugh at me for telling them about Jesus, I will remember that Jesus is telling God once again that I belong to Him!


"Lord Jesus, forgive me for being ashamed of You before other men. Give me courage to tell others who You are every day including this day! And thank You Lord for telling the Father that I belong to You! And may You be praised forever. Amen!"

No comments:

Post a Comment