Saturday, November 16, 2013

The Greatest Knowledge of All

Click here to listen to blog

Day and night I went without sleep, trying to understand what goes on in this world.  I saw everything God does, and I realized no one can really understand what happens. We may be very wise, but no matter how much we try or how much we claim to know, we cannot understand it all.

Ecclesiastes 8:16-17

Solomon was the wisest man who ever lived and was given that wisdom by God, but even Solomon says that we "cannot understand it all."


There has always been the temptation to try to "understand" everything that is going on in the world, and with the coming of the "information age" and especially the internet that temptation is sometimes overwhelming. "If I just go to one more website, or see one more YouTube video I will begin to understand." When I come home from the doctor I can immerse myself in information about his diagnosis and may even come to know more about my condition than he does.


In a sense this "search for knowledge" is part of the original sin of trying to be like God. "If I just know everything and understand everything then I will be in control of my life and the world around me." But the truth is that even being the wisest man who ever lived did not insure that Solomon would lead a righteous life. Wisdom and knowledge are certainly good things, but without humility before God even wisdom and knowledge are really worthless.


Ask yourself this question: Which is more important, having a post graduate theological degree or having a daily, vibrant and humble walk with the Lord? You may qualify for and be awarded the highest educational degree and have no faith at all in God, and you may have faith enough to "move mountains" without even knowing how to read and write!


Instead of trying to spend your life knowing everything there is to learn, spend each moment of each day getting to know the One who does know it all! God knows it all, and through Jesus Christ we can know Him!


"Thank You Jesus for the greatest knowledge of all, and that knowledge is knowing You as my Lord and Savior. Praise Your Name forever! Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment