Saturday, November 30, 2013

Darkness Runs Away!

Click here to listen to blog

“Our God, your name

will be praised

forever and forever.

You are all-powerful,

and you know everything.

You control human events—

you give rulers their power

and take it away,

and you are the source

of wisdom and knowledge.

“You explain deep mysteries,

because even the dark

is light to you.

Daniel 2:20-22

I am constantly tempted to fret and even worry because of the things I see going on around me in the world. It is so easy for me to forget that God knows everything and that He is in control of human events! I think it would be good for me to read these verses at least every day!


I also find it difficult not to be disturbed by the outcome of elections because I think that mortal man, not God gives rulers their power and takes it away. If you look at the stories of those who came to power and then were taken out of power, it is easy to see the hand of God moving to orchestrate the rise and fall of world leaders.


But the thing that bothers me the most is "darkness." Literal, physical darkness is frightening, but emotional and even spiritual darkness are troubling and pull me toward despair. But there are the words in Daniel 2:22 that snatch me up set my feet in a better place. "You explain deep mysteries, because even the dark is light to you."


God doesn't need light in order to see, He is Himself the light. God needs no lamp or torch to light His way. God cannot be in darkness because if God is there, there is light! As you become more like Jesus the same will be true to for you. When you are filled with the Holy Spirit you cannot walk into the darkness, because the darkness will run away when you arrive!


Don't be afraid of the dark because with Jesus in your heart the darkness will leave when you come!


"Jesus, it is so easy for me to forget that You are indeed Lord, not only of my life, but of this whole world and everyone it in! May Your will be done today and forever! Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment