Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Leaders Need Wisdom

Click here to listen to blog

My friends, be glad, even if you have a lot of trouble. You know you learn to endure by having your faith tested. But you must learn to endure everything, so you will be completely mature and not lacking in anything.

If any of you need wisdom, you should ask God, and it will be given to you. God is generous and won't correct you for asking. But when you ask for something, you must have faith and not doubt. Anyone who doubts is like an ocean wave tossed around in a storm. If you are that kind of person, you can't make up your mind, and you surely can't be trusted. So don't expect the Lord to give you anything at all.

James 1:2-8

There was a time when the United States, it's people and even it's leaders were proud of the fact that the government of the U.S. was based firmly on the Bible and it's teachings. Those days are gone. Today the "leader of the free world" takes pride in not being based on the principles in God's Word. I suppose if you are reading this in a country other than the United States you already know what I have just confessed.


In days gone by we were the "land of the free and home of the brave." Today our freedom is rapidly diminishing and our bravery has turned to fear. Now we find ourselves with leaders who are desperately in need of wisdom. They have tried to "fix" a problem in our country and as a result made it a lot worse. Where can they go for the wisdom they need? The only place they can get that wisdom is the place they so strongly want to avoid.


God is the only true source of wisdom. God is the only one who can see the end from the beginning, so that His advice takes in every possible eventuality. All I would say to my leaders is this: "If you need wisdom, you should ask God, and it will be given to you."


But what about my life and yours? We have also turned away from total dependence on God to direct our steps and the results are always the same. During my day do I depend on my own "wisdom" or ask for the input of the Holy Spirit in my life? Am I trying to "fix" my life with human insight, or am I falling down before the Father and asking in faith for His wisdom?


Here is the answer to the problems of the United Sates, and yes the whole world: Give your whole heart to Jesus Christ and ask for His wisdom to direct your steps. When you do that and a revival fire is lit that spreads across the land then our leaders will be, themselves consumed by the Glory of God in this land and God's Wisdom will manifest itself once again!


"Lord Jesus, I know that every change that needs to be made in this world must be made first in my heart! So Lord, I repent today and ask You for the wisdom that I need, this day. May You and Your Glorious Name be praised forever! Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment