Friday, November 29, 2013

Walk on the Water of Truth!

 

Click here to listen to blog

Jesus said to his disciples, “Don't be worried! Have faith in God and have faith in me.”

There are many rooms in my Father's house. I wouldn't tell you this, unless it was true. I am going there to prepare a place for each of you.  After I have done this, I will come back and take you with me. Then we will be together.  You know the way to where I am going.”

Thomas said, “Lord, we don't even know where you are going! How can we know the way?”

“I am the way, the truth, and the life!” Jesus answered. “Without me, no one can go to the Father.”

John 14:1-6

When my six children were small, the greatest "sin" in our house was lying. Disobedience was wrong but lying about it made it much, much worse!

Lying is the poor substitute for the Blood of Jesus that Satan uses to try and cover your sin. Lying may keep others from knowing about your sin, but it will not hide your sin from God and it will not deal with the problem of sin and separation from God.Adam and Eve sinned and then they lied about it. That is because they listened to the father of lies and moved all men into the arena of running away from the truth. Jesus is Himself the truth and all lies are come from the Enemy of all mankind.


Quickly, into my mind comes the "yes but what about" argument when lying seems to be much more beneficial than telling the truth. "If I lie I will save a life, but if I tell the truth harm will come." I suppose this is where your faith is tested. Since Jesus is the truth then speaking truth brings Him into the conversation. If I speak lies then Satan is the influence of that moment.

Sometimes speaking truth is like when Peter stepped out of the boat to walk on water! Did Peter trust the call of Jesus or what good common sense told him?


If you were to determine that for the rest of your life you would never, ever tell another lie, what would happen? Would you be pummeled by Satan and suffer many things? Yes you might and in fact it is certain that holding on to truth will guarantee suffering. But using the tactics of Satan is worse!


If you are not already committed to telling the truth in everything, then try it just for today. Test the waters of truth and see if they will support you as you walk in the storms of life.


"Lord Jesus, You are the Truth. Help me to hold on tightly to You today as I walk on the water of Truth! And may You be praised forever. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment