Friday, November 8, 2013

Seeing and Believing!

Click here to listen to blog.
Jesus said to his disciples:
If you love me, you will do as I command. Then I will ask the Father to send you the Holy Spirit who will help you and always be with you. The Spirit will show you what is true. The people of this world cannot accept the Spirit, because they don't see or know him. But you know the Spirit, who is with you and will keep on living in you.

I won't leave you like orphans. I will come back to you.  In a little while the people of this world won't be able to see me, but you will see me. And because I live, you will live.

Then you will know I am one with the Father. You will know you are one with me, and I am one with you.  If you love me, you will do what I have said, and my Father will love you. I will also love you and show you what I am like.

John 14:15-21

As a follower of Jesus Christ you will see things that other people do not see. That puts believers in a awkward position. You look and see the Holy Spirit living within you and you see Jesus, but non-believers do not see them at all. They only see you as different or strange.

The truth is this: Followers of Jesus do not believe because they see Him, rather they see Him because they believe! The world says "Seeing is believing" but with Jesus the opposite is true.

There are only two ways to walk in this world. We can walk by sight or we can walk by faith. When we walk by sight we are depending on the world and it's wisdom to guide our steps and show us the way to go. When we walk by faith we are depending on Jesus and His Spirit's wisdom to guide our steps and show us the way to go.

"Lord Jesus I see You because I believe. Thank you for opening my eyes to who You are and what You want me to do! Light the path for me today. Thank you Lord. Amen."



No comments:

Post a Comment