Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Comfortable with God!

Listen to this blog.

When we love others, we know we belong to the truth, and we feel at ease in the presence of God. But even if we don't feel at ease, God is greater than our feelings, and he knows everything.  Dear friends, if we feel at ease in the presence of God, we will have the courage to come near him.

1 John 3:19-21

When you don't love other people you feel uncomfortable being in the presence of God. When that happens you enjoy talking about God much more than talking with God.

Grasping all the nuances of doctrine can be a great way to avoid the presence of God. Who would ever know that you avoid God while knowing so much of His Word and so much about Him?

Lord, show me how I am avoiding your presence. Let me see every opportunity today to spend time with You and give me the courage to step in to Your presence.

Open my eyes to see the people I know, but don't love so that I can feel at ease with You. Help me to know that not loving others is a road block in my walk with You! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment