Friday, March 2, 2012

Drifting From Truth!

Listen to this blog.

The [Lord] said:
It isn't too late.
You can still return to me
with all your heart.
Start crying and mourning!
Go without eating.

Don't rip your clothes
to show your sorrow.
Instead, turn back to me
with broken hearts.
I am merciful, kind, and caring.
I don't easily lose my temper,
and I don't like to punish.

I am the [Lord] your God.
Perhaps I will change my mind
and treat you with mercy.
Then you will be blessed
with enough grain and wine
for offering sacrifices to me.

Joel 2:12-14

I am currently reading a book that is making me remember some things that I once knew quite well, but over the years I have forgotten. It is humbling to realize that I can wander away from truth just like the Children of Israel wandered away from God in the desert for those forty years.

How do you drift from truth? The truth of God is like a language that you learn and perhaps can speak quite well. Then you move away from those who speak that language and for years you don't practice. You will loose a language if you don't use it. And if you don't daily live in the truth that God brings you it will fade from your heart as well.

How do you know if you need to turn back to God? What passion for Jesus did you have that now is simply a fond memory? Do you pray like you did when you were desperate for God's power in your life? Is the Holy Spirit leading you on to what is next in your life, or are you simply reminiscing about the past?

"Lord, not matter how much I love You now, I want to love You more. No matter how far I have come with You, Lord, I want to go further. I say "Yes" to Your Word before I even hear it. Precious Lord, take my hand. Lead me on and let me stand! Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment