Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Let Us Pray!

Listen to this blog.

In certain ways we are weak, but the Spirit is here to help us. For example, when we don't know what to pray for, the Spirit prays for us in ways that cannot be put into words. All of our thoughts are known to God. He can understand what is in the mind of the Spirit, as the Spirit prays for God's people. We know that God is always at work for the good of everyone who loves him.  They are the ones God has chosen for his purpose, and he has always known who his chosen ones would be. He had decided to let them become like his own Son, so that his Son would be the first of many children.

Romans 8:26-29

When Jesus was here on earth in his human body He prayed to the Father.  The Holy Spirit which is now here on earth dwelling in the bodies of Christians also prays to the Father.  As followers of Jesus we are often tempted to think that our prayers are not effective, but we would never believe that about the prayers of Jesus or the Holy Spirit.  When Jesus prayed Lazarus came back to life!  And when the Holy Spirit prays for those in whom He dwells “all things work together for good!”

If the Holy Spirit is in me and is praying for me then why do I need to pray?  I need to pray because I am to be like Jesus and because I can pray for others!  When I decide to lift someone’s name before the Father then I unleash God’s power in that person’s life!  As a follower of Jesus I can, by praying take someone’s need and move it to the top of the stack on God’s to do list. 

One thing I would like to know when I get to Heaven is who prayed for me!  I am certain that there were people who prayed for me that through that prayer made a tremendous difference in my life, and continue to do so.  I am certain that there were Godly ancestors who prayed for generations to come which included me! 

So, when you bow your head today to pray, remember you are spreading around the power of God in the lives of those you bring before Him.  So the call is simply, “Let us pray!”

No comments:

Post a Comment