Friday, March 9, 2012

God is the Pilot!

Listen to this blog.

When the Spirit is given to us
from heaven,
deserts will become orchards
thick as fertile forests.

Honesty and justice
will prosper there,

and justice will produce
lasting peace and security.

You, the [Lord]'s people,
will live in peace,
calm and secure,

even if hailstones flatten
forests and cities.

You will have God's blessing,
as you plant your crops
beside streams,
while your donkeys and cattle
roam freely about

Isaiah 32:15-20

How does the Holy Spirit change a life? The answer to that question is the difference between a man or woman trying to make sense of life and live it on their own or one who is empowered by God to walk from here to eternity with assurance and peace.

When the Holy Spirit lives in you, you are literally possessed. You have given the control of your life over to God and His Spirit gives you the strength and the guidance to navigate this life.

Life without the Holy Spirit is like trying to fly an airplane around the world without a co-pilot. It is too much for anyone to accomplish alone. But God is not my co-pilot! When I accept Jesus as my Lord, He becomes the pilot and I move over to the other seat. And yes, I do get to put my hand on the stick and fly the plane, but Jesus never let's go of the other one.

When the Lord is the pilot of my life, I can rest and be at peace. I haven't seen it for years now, but there used to be a bumper sticker that you would see on the back of automobiles. It said, "God is my co-pilot!" That sounds great, but if God is your co-pilot, switch seats and you will be in for the ride of your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment