Sunday, March 25, 2012

Loving Everybody!

Listen to this blog.

You have heard people say, “Love your neighbors and hate your enemies.”  But I tell you to love your enemies and pray for anyone who mistreats you.  Then you will be acting like your Father in heaven. He makes the sun rise on both good and bad people. And he sends rain for the ones who do right and for the ones who do wrong.

Matthew 5:43-45

At some point in my childhood I remember thinking "I love everybody!" I wish I could tell you exactly when loving everybody was my perspective on life, but truthfully as a little child it was. I suppose that is part of why Jesus said we must all become as little children.

Love is not something that we fall into like a well while stumbling around in the dark. Love is rather an ocean into which we plunge ourselves while basking in the sunshine of God. Love is a choice not an accident.

What it I could return to the place of loving everybody like I did as a child? What if my only reaction to other people's sin against me was to forgive them before they even asked? What if the fragrance of Christ was so strong on me that every evil odor vanished in my presence?

What if my life of sin literally drowned in the Ocean of Jesus’ Love? When your garden is watered with the Love of Jesus the weeds of sin cannot grow.

It is only when the Love of Christ so completely fills your lungs that you cannot breathe anything else, that your heart has no room for sin!.

"Lord, let me see again the world around me as a little child, and love them with Your Love. May Your Love flowing through me topple the strongholds of Satan and bring the refreshing cool breeze of Your Holy Spirit to everyone I meet today. Amen!"

No comments:

Post a Comment