Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Just Say No!

Listen to this blog.

My children, I am writing this so you won't sin. But if you do sin, Jesus Christ always does the right thing, and he will speak to the Father for us.

Christ is the sacrifice that takes away our sins and the sins of all the world's people.
When we obey God, we are sure we know him. But if we claim to know him and don't obey him, we are lying and the truth isn't in our hearts. We truly love God only when we obey him as we should, and then we know we belong to him.

1 John 2:1-5

My mother would say, "If you don't stop doing that I'm going to tell your father when he comes home!" She was not telling him to get me out of trouble, but to make sure that I was held accountable for my sin. When she made such a threat I usually stopped my bad behavior.

As a follower of Jesus Christ I still sometimes sin. And then Jesus talks to God about my sin. The purpose of His conversation with the Father about my sin is not to make sure I am held accountable, but exactly the opposite. Jesus pleads with the Father on my behalf and reminds God that He paid the price for that sin when He died on the Cross!

Here is the thing that makes me want to never sin again. When I say, think or do something that is a sin, Jesus and the Father are going to talk about it! So when the devil tells me that no one will know if I sin because I can keep it a secret. Well that is a lie, because when I sin Jesus and God are going to talk about it!

Don't get me wrong. I am thrilled that Jesus sacrifice covers my sin and that He speaks to the Father on my behalf, but I am even happier when I make the right choice and that conversation never takes place!

The next time you are tempted to sin, just remember that if you yield to that temptation Jesus will discuss it with God! It's one more reason to JUST SAY NO!

No comments:

Post a Comment