Saturday, March 31, 2012

Ready or Not Here I Come!

Listen to this blog.

Ezekiel, son of man, condemn Gog and tell him:

You are the ruler of Meshech and Tubal, but I, the [Lord], am your enemy!  I will turn you around and drag you from the north until you reach the mountains of Israel.  I will knock the bow out of your left hand and the arrows out of your right hand, and you and your army will die on those mountains. Then birds and wild animals will eat the flesh of your dead bodies left lying in open fields. I, the [Lord], have spoken.

I will set fire to the land of Magog and to those nations along the seacoast that think they are so secure, and they will know that I am the [Lord].  My people Israel will know me, and they will no longer disgrace my holy name. Everyone on earth will know that I am the holy [Lord] God of Israel.

The day is coming when these things will happen, just as I have promised.

Ezekiel 39:1-8

There are those who believe that these verses are talking about Russia attacking Israel from the north. Since the Word of God is in every way reliable and trustworthy, the question is one of timing not fact. There either has been a day when a nation north of Israel attacked and was destroyed or there will be one. I have never, however read of a claim that this passage was fulfilled in history.

So will this happen soon or later in the timeline of history? When you decide to believe that prophetic fulfillment is not going on now, then you can dismiss every current event and live your life as if God is not working today in the world! Don't forget that even with all the prophecies speaking of the incarnation of Jesus, almost all of the biblical scholars of the time did not recognize Jesus as the Messiah. So it may be that very few of those who know the scriptures will recognize that the end is truly near. The rest will dismiss the evidence because it doesn't support everything they believe about the end time.

Jesus is coming, and when He comes He will fulfill every prophecy concerning that event just as He did in His first coming. My job is not to predict the timing of His return, but rather to be ready for it.

When children play the game of hide and seek, they hear the shout "READY OR NOT HERE I COME." One day, maybe soon we will all hear those words from Jesus! "READY OR NOT HERE I COME!"

No comments:

Post a Comment