Friday, March 30, 2012

Live Like Jesus!

Listen to this blog.

Father, I don't ask you to take my followers out of the world, but keep them safe from the evil one.  They don't belong to this world, and neither do I. Your word is the truth. So let this truth make them completely yours.  I am sending them into the world, just as you sent me.

I have given myself completely for their sake, so they may belong completely to the truth.

I am not praying just for these followers. I am also praying for everyone else who will have faith because of what my followers will say about me.

John 17:15-20

We are not here on earth simply to bide our time until Jesus returns or calls us home when death arrives at our door. We are here to be sent into the world just as Jesus was!

That is a startling truth. My task today is to let those around me see Jesus walking on earth again. Like Jesus I have the Holy Spirit to direct my every step. I have God's message for the world and I have His promise that no matter what happens to me here on earth I will live with Jesus forever in Heaven!

My impact on those I encounter today should be to let them see Jesus still walking on this earth.

Years ago a dear brother who some thought was overconfident said this: "If you want to know what a Christian is like just watch me!" Whether we like it or not that is how others decide what Christianity is, they watch us. If we are not living like Jesus Christ then the world will have no way to see the Love of Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment