Thursday, February 20, 2014

Foot in the Door of Eternity!

Click here to listen to blog

Each of you is now a new person. You are becoming more and more like your Creator, and you will understand him better. It doesn't matter if you are a Greek or a Jew, or if you are circumcised or not. You may even be a barbarian or a Scythian, and you may be a slave or a free person. Yet Christ is all that matters, and he lives in all of us.

God loves you and has chosen you as his own special people. So be gentle, kind, humble, meek, and patient.  Put up with each other, and forgive anyone who does you wrong, just as Christ has forgiven you. Love is more important than anything else. It is what ties everything completely together.

Colossians 3:10-14

"Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so!" That simple verse from a children's song is perhaps the most profound statement ever made. Life as a follower of Jesus Christ is the process of understanding that truth a little more each day.

It is important to note that the Bible doesn't say that Jesus "likes you!" Every parent knows that there are lots of times when you don't particularly "like" your child, but you love him or her just the same. Jesus never likes it when I sin, but He loves me just the same.

What does the love of Jesus do for me? How can His love for me change me into the person that He intends for me to be? When someone loves me, I am deeply moved to make that person happy by how I live. That is most often seen in the life of a child who wants his parents to watch him and be pleased with the things he does. "Look at me, Mamma" can be heard on every children's playground around the world!

When you live your life with the purpose of making Jesus happy, you have begun to touch the essence of God's purpose for your existence. When Jesus is happy with the way I live, then I am also bathed in peace and joy no matter what is happening in the world around me.

God's love for me changes me and my love for Him changes me as well! When I am immersed in the love of Jesus my foot is in the door of Eternity waiting for Him to throw that door wide open and take me home!

"Dear Jesus, thank You for loving me even when You don't like the way I live. Change me into the person You want me to be that I may be ready for Your return. Come quickly Lord Jesus. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment