Friday, February 7, 2014

Mind of God

Click here to listen to blog

God's Spirit has shown you everything. His Spirit finds out everything, even what is deep in the mind of God. You are the only one who knows what is in your own mind, and God's Spirit is the only one who knows what is in God's mind.  But God has given us his Spirit. This is why we don't think the same way that the people of this world think. This is also why we can recognize the blessings God has given us.

Every word we speak was taught to us by God's Spirit, not by human wisdom. And this same Spirit helps us teach spiritual things to spiritual people. This is why only someone who has God's Spirit can understand spiritual blessings. Anyone who doesn't have God's Spirit thinks these blessings are foolish.

1 Corinthians 2:10-14

It is really annoying when someone thinks they know more than everyone else. The "Know it All" usually has an attitude that makes you want to be around someone who is "more normal." Then there is the person who actually does know more than other people. Personally I, very much want to be around a person who really knows more than I do, especially if they know more about something I care about.

I have a friend who knows lots of stuff about electronics. It seems that every time I talk with Wayne I learn something very valuable about my "hobby." My friend is not someone who thinks he knows more than I do, he actually does. But I am learning what he knows!

Now here is where it gets really amazing! The Holy Spirit knows what is deep in the mind of God and as Christians we have the Holy Spirit in our hearts. Then the Holy Spirit proceeds to teach us about "Spiritual Things!"

It is like when a man is "born again" he suddenly can speak a new language. This new language can be understood by other Christians but by no one else! Then the world around you hears the words you speak, but they have no idea what they mean. To the world, you seem to be a babbling fool. So as a follower of Jesus Christ don't be surprised when people who do no know Jesus think you have lost your mind!

"Lord Jesus, thank You for sending the Holy Spirit to teach me the things that only those who love You can know. May I see and know more today of the mind of God. And may I along with all those who love You, praise Your Name forever! Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment