Friday, February 28, 2014

Eternal Excursion!

Click here to listen to blog

I heard a loud voice shout from the throne:

God's home is now with his people. He will live with them, and they will be his own. Yes, God will make his home among his people.  He will wipe all tears from their eyes, and there will be no more death, suffering, crying, or pain. These things of the past are gone forever.

Revelation 21:3-4

It is a fact of life that the older you get the more pain you experience. I heard an old man once say, "When I wake up in the morning, the pain lets me know that I am still alive!" The limitations of living that come with aging are all reminders of our need for Heaven.

More and more I feel like an animal caught in a trap. The natural freedoms of youth and good health slowly leave each of us as we grow old. When I was in my 20's I would regularly pick up a 90 pound bag of cement. It was not easy, but it did not exhaust my strength. I am more than 65 now and recently I went to buy such a bag at a home improvement store. I bent over to pick up the bag of cement and I could not lift it off of the floor!

When I was young and strong, the thought of Heaven was not nearly as pleasant as it is for an old man. In Heaven I will be strong. There will be no more sorrow, or death, or suffering, or crying or pain! Those ravages that came on me because of the curse of fallen man will all be wiped away! Even though I live today with the Holy Spirit in my heart and the Love of God molding me into the likeness of Jesus Christ I am still a human being and suffer from the effects of Adam's sin!

But the day is coming, and for those of us who are older it is coming soon, when either Jesus will come or I will go to be with Him! The brief journey of life on this earth will be over and the eternal excursion before the Throne of God will begin!

"Dear Jesus, every pain I feel today reminds me of Your promise to take away all the pain, suffering and death itself! Help me today Lord to complete the work You have for me so that I will be ready for You to come or me to go! And may You be praised now and forevermore! Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment