Thursday, February 6, 2014

Pray Beyond Your Imagination!

Click here to listen to blog

I kneel in prayer to the Father. All beings in heaven and on earth receive their life from him.  God is wonderful and glorious. I pray that his Spirit will make you become strong followers and that Christ will live in your hearts because of your faith. Stand firm and be deeply rooted in his love.  I pray that you and all of God’s people will understand what is called wide or long or high or deep.   I want you to know all about Christ’s love, although it is too wonderful to be measured. Then your lives will be filled with all that God is.

I pray that Christ Jesus and the church will forever bring praise to God. His power at work in us can do far more than we dare ask or imagine. Amen.

Ephesians 3:14-21

Did you know that you can’t pray for or even imagine something that the power of God is not able to accomplish?  That means God can time travel or cause me to time travel.  God can beam me up like the writers of Star Trek imagined.  God can confuse the minds of a country’s leaders and bring it down by the foolish decisions of formerly wise people.  God can empower simple people to know and do great things which are far beyond anyone’s expectations.

God can make a poor man rich, or a rich man poor in only a moment!  God can reveal the secrets of the universe to the lowliest of men and He can withhold those same secrets from the man with the highest I.Q. 

I’m sure you can add many things to that list, but before you do consider the four words I have not mentioned.  His power “at work in us” can do far more that we dare ask or imagine!  When the power of God is working through you there is no limit to what He can accomplish!  It is never too late.  Remember that Moses was 80 years old when the power of God working in Him parted the waters of the Red Sea!  Abraham was 100 when Isaac was born. 

I would challenge you today and the challenge is for me as well.  Pray beyond your imagination!  Pray for the “impossible” and trust God to work through you to do it!  The difference between an ordinary believer and a “great saint” is simply the fact that the one who is considered great has learned to pray for the impossible and then watch God Himself accomplish it!

“Lord Jesus, give me the faith today to pray beyond my imagination and trust You for doing the impossible through me by Your power!  And may You be praised forever. Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment