Wednesday, February 5, 2014

One With Jesus!


Click here to listen to blog.

I won't leave you like orphans. I will come back to you.  In a little while the people of this world won't be able to see me, but you will see me. And because I live, you will live. Then you will know I am one with the Father. You will know you are one with me, and I am one with you.  If you love me, you will do what I have said, and my Father will love you. I will also love you and show you what I am like.

John 14:18-21

When I read these verses my mind spirals into a place of trying to understand a truth that cannot be understood. Jesus says that He is "one with God" the Father and then He says that as His follower I am "one with Him!" What does that mean?

Remember when Jesus told the disciples that if they had seen Him, they had seen the Father. So can it be said that if I am "one with Jesus" then if someone has seen me they have seen Jesus as well?


The "relationship" we have with Jesus Christ is not like an earthly human friendship. It is more like a marriage where "the two become one." Have you seen the 50th wedding anniversary pictures in the paper? The couples have looked each other in the face for so many years that their expressions are almost mirror images of each other.

Living with Jesus literally in your heart as you are filled with the Holy Spirit changes you into His likeness. You don't become like Jesus by doing things, even wonderful things. You become like Jesus by staring into His face moment by moment, day after day and even year after year!


The most precious thing about prayer is that it is a time when you focus on Jesus without interruption. You can bring Him your confusion and see His expression of clarity. You can bring Him your sorrow and receive His comfort. You bring Him your joy and He rejoices with You! But in all of those things and more you can sit quietly and feel Him close by your side.


"Lord Jesus, You have promised to love me and show me what You are like! Touch me today with who You are in my heart. And Lord, let me see just a little more of what You are like! Praise Your Holy Name forever! Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment