Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Suffering and Sin!

 

Click here to listen to blog

You don't gain anything by being punished for some wrong you have done. But God will bless you, if you have to suffer for doing something good. After all, God chose you to suffer as you follow in the footsteps of Christ, who set an example by suffering for you.

Christ did not sin

or ever tell a lie.

 

Although he was abused,

he never tried to get even.

And when he suffered,

he made no threats.

Instead, he had faith in God,

who judges fairly.

 

Christ carried the burden

of our sins.

He was nailed to the cross,

so we would stop sinning

and start living right.

By his cuts and bruises

you are healed.

 

You had wandered away

like sheep.

Now you have returned

to the one

who is your shepherd

and protector.

1 Peter 2:20-25

If you are like Jesus, you will not sin, but you will suffer. I think the most upsetting thing about sin is that when you sin you are doing something that Jesus never did. And if you suffer for doing something wrong, that suffering is not like the suffering experienced by Jesus. Jesus suffered for our sin, not for His own.

When a mother delivers a child the suffering is all for her to bear. When we are born again, the suffering belongs to Jesus. I have never heard anyone claim that it is painful for the child when he is born. And when a man is born again it is because of the birth pains that Jesus felt on the Cross!

So as followers of Jesus we do suffer and sometimes suffer greatly because of the sins of others, especially those that we love dearly! That is also a way Jesus suffers for me. Jesus sees every foolish thing I do and knows where it will lead. Jesus not only paid the price for my sin, but He loves me and suffers because He knows how I will hurt!

So if I am like Jesus I will suffer because of other people's sin.

"Lord Jesus, thank You forever for suffering and dying to pay the price for my sins. Your love for me is beyond my ability to understand, but I thank You for it. Help me to love others even as You loved me! Praise Your Name forever. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment