Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Honor to the Father!



  
Click here to listen to blog.

Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father. That is all we need.”  Jesus replied:  Philip, I have been with you for a long time. Don’t you know who I am? If you have seen me, you have seen the Father. How can you ask me to show you the Father?   Don’t you believe that I am one with the Father and that the Father is one with me? What I say isn’t said on my own. The Father who lives in me does these things. Have faith in me when I say that the Father is one with me and that I am one with the Father. Or else have faith in me simply because of the things I do.   I tell you for certain that if you have faith in me, you will do the same things that I am doing. You will do even greater things, now that I am going back to the Father.   Ask me, and I will do whatever you ask. This way the Son will bring honor to the Father.   I will do whatever you ask me to do.
John 14:8-14
 
What did Jesus mean when He told Philip that He would do whatever Philip ask Him?  Jesus wasn't just talking to Philip. He was talking also to those who have faith in Jesus.

Then the Lord said that those who have faith in Him would do the same things He was doing and in fact would do greater things!

So I would ask you and ask myself: What have you asked Jesus to do for you? It would be something that you could not accomplish without His divine help. And of course it would be something that would bring honor to the Father!

When is the last time you prayed for something with the purpose of bringing honor to God? Those are the prayers that Jesus says will certainly be answered! God will not refuse to bring honor to Himself through your faith!

Ask Jesus to do something that will cause everyone who sees or even hears about it to recognize that it was God working, not man! Then your prayers will release the Power of God in the world around you!

"Lord Jesus, show me today how to pray so that the Father may be honored! And may You be praised forever. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment