Friday, January 15, 2016

Love is Born of Love



 Click here to listen to blog
Jesus said to his disciples:
If you love me, you will do as I command.  Then I will ask the Father to send you the Holy Spirit who will help you and always be with you.  The Spirit will show you what is true. The people of this world cannot accept the Spirit, because they don’t see or know him. But you know the Spirit, who is with you and will keep on living in you.  I won’t leave you like orphans. I will come back to you.  In a little while the people of this world won’t be able to see me, but you will see me. And because I live, you will live.  Then you will know that I am one with the Father. You will know that you are one with me, and I am one with you.  If you love me, you will do what I have said, and my Father will love you. I will also love you and show you what I am like.

John 14:15-21 

Our relationship with God, that is possible through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ overflows with love!

The love of God is demonstrated by the love of Jesus and then we are given the amazing opportunity of loving Him in response to His love for us! Our love for others reflects God's love for us. We are called to demonstrate to the world around us what God is like and what Jesus is like. 

We love God because He loves us. That is the only "because" that is possible when it comes to love. Love is born of love. God created the heart of a man to be like His as the man pursues the "love of his life." God also created the heart of a woman to respond to love for her like mankind responds to the love of God! When you know for certain that God loves you, it makes all the difference in your life! 

"Lord Jesus, I know that You love me enough to hang on the Cross and die so that I might be with You forever. Thank You for another day of loving You. May You be praised forever. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment