Sunday, January 24, 2016

The Heart of Heaven!



Click here to listen to blog

From then on, Jesus began telling his disciples what would happen to him. He said, “I must go to Jerusalem. There the nation’s leaders, the chief priests, and the teachers of the Law of Moses will make me suffer terribly. I will be killed, but three days later I will rise to life.” Peter took Jesus aside and told him to stop talking like that. He said, “God would never let this happen to you, Lord!”
Jesus turned to Peter and said, “Satan, get away from me! You’re in my way because you think like everyone else and not like God.”
Matthew 16:21-23

Can you imagine how you would feel if Jesus called you "Satan?" That is what happened to Peter, and I believe it can still happen today.

Peter was using "human logic" to respond to the Word of God. Jesus told the disciples what was going to happen, as it had been ordained by God. Then Peter, thinking like the world around him, boldly contradicted the will of God.

How many times have you declared, "God would never let that happen" when you are confronted with the Heart of Heaven?

When you do that you are thinking like Satan and the world around you and not like God!

When your heart and Heaven's Heart are one, you will begin to see the joy of doing the Will of God even when it means embracing the Cross!

"Lord Jesus, help me to think like God today and not like everyone else! And may You be praised forever. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment