Monday, January 18, 2016

Whose Enemy Will You Be?



Click here to listen to blog 

I am telling you this to keep you from being afraid.  You will be chased out of the Jewish meeting places. And the time will come when people will kill you and think they are doing God a favor.  They will do these things because they don’t know either the Father or me.  I am saying this to you now, so that when the time comes, you will remember what I have said. I was with you at the first, and so I didn’t tell you these things.  But now I am going back to the Father who sent me, and none of you asks me where I am going.  You are very sad from hearing all of this.  But I tell you that I am going to do what is best for you. That is why I am going away. The Holy Spirit cannot come to help you until I leave. But after I am gone, I will send the Spirit to you.  The Spirit will come and show the people of this world the truth about sin and God’s justice and the judgment.  The Spirit will show them that they are wrong about sin, because they didn’t have faith in me.  They are wrong about God’s justice, because I am going to the Father, and you won’t see me again.  And they are wrong about the judgment, because God has already judged the ruler of this world. 
John 16:1-11

Jesus doesn't want you to be afraid even though there are people even today who want to kill you while thinking they are doing God's will! You see the Gospel of Jesus Christ is diametrically opposed to the wisdom of this world. And those who live by that wisdom will judge followers of Jesus to be people without good common sense, if not completely insane!

God created this world, but from the day that Adam and Eve yielded to the temptation to eat of the forbidden fruit Satan has been ruling over the lives of the great majority of men and women.

If you are striving to present Jesus to the world as someone they should be drawn to while they are still loyal citizens of the Devil's kingdom, you will fail. The blood of Jesus is the greatest threat to the kingdom of Satan. And frankly, if you are not an enemy of this world then you are an enemy of Christ! That is your choice and what you decide will make an eternal difference!

"Lord Jesus, I choose You to be my Lord and not the World in which I live. Give me the courage to not be afraid of those who can only kill my body, but have no power over where I spend Eternity. And may You, Lord Jesus be praised forever. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment