Thursday, January 21, 2016

No Expiration Date!



Click here to listen to blog 

The Lord said:
The time will surely come when I will make a new agreement with the people of Israel and Judah.  It will be different from the agreement I made with their ancestors when I led them out of Egypt. Although I was their God, they broke that agreement.  Here is the new agreement that I, the Lord, will make with the people of Israel:  “I will write my laws on their hearts and minds. I will be their God, and they will be my people.  “No longer will they have to teach one another to obey me. I, the Lord, promise that all of them will obey me, ordinary people and rulers alike. I will forgive their sins and forget the evil things they have done.”   I am the Lord All-Powerful.  I command the sun to give light each day, the moon and stars to shine at night, and ocean waves to roar. I will never forget to give those commands,  and I will never let Israel stop being a nation.  I, the Lord, have spoken.

Jeremiah 31:31-36

You can be sure that God is still concerned with the nation of Israel. Some people believe that after the death and resurrection of Jesus, God is no longer concerned with Israel. That is an idea that came from the imaginations of men, not the Word of God!

The fact that Israel still exists as a nation in the 21st Century is testimony to the fact that Jeremiah 31:36 is true.

Even though these words are old, they are still true. Don't judge the Word of God by how new or old it is. The Word spoken by God on the Day of Creation is as true as the Word He uttered this morning!

Often you will see on the food you purchase at a grocery store an "expiration date." If the food is out of date it will be stale and sometimes not even safe to eat.

The Spiritual Food of God's Word has no expiration date. The Words of God spoken to Adam and Eve at the time of Creation are as fresh and true as they were then. So when you read the Old Words of God pay careful attention, even as you do the Words of Jesus. Every Word spoken by God is Powerful and True and never expires!

"Lord Jesus, help me today to believe and embrace every Word that comes from the mouth of God no matter how long ago it was spoken!  And may You, Jesus be praised forever. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment