Friday, January 22, 2016

Ultimate Extreme Makeover!

 
 
 
I have not yet reached my goal, and I am not perfect. But Christ has taken hold of me. So I keep on running and struggling to take hold of the prize.  My friends, I don’t feel that I have already arrived. But I forget what is behind, and I struggle for what is ahead.   I run toward the goal, so that I can win the prize of being called to heaven. This is the prize that God offers because of what Christ Jesus has done.  All of us who are mature should think in this same way. And if any of you think differently, God will make it clear to you. But we must keep going in the direction that we are now headed. My friends, I want you to follow my example and learn from others who closely follow the example we set for you.  I often warned you that many people are living as enemies of the cross of Christ. And now with tears in my eyes, I warn you again  that they are headed for hell! They worship their stomachs and brag about the disgusting things they do. All they can think about are the things of this world.
But we are citizens of heaven and are eagerly waiting for our Savior to come from there. Our Lord Jesus Christ  has power over everything, and he will make these poor bodies of ours like his own glorious body.
 
Philippians 3:12-21

There was a television show beginning in 2002 called Extreme Makeover. In this now cancelled and rather controversial program a person submitted to a rigid diet and exercise requirements along with plastic surgery to make them "beautiful."

The program was cancelled according to Wikipedia because "It was believed by critics that the show implies that idealized beauty can only be found through the aid of cosmetic surgeons, placing ‘beauty’ as a relatively unachievable goal for most people."

As a Christian the Bible says that you are waiting for the Ultimate Extreme Makeover. Jesus will make your poor earthly body to be like His glorious body. The change will be amazing and Eternal!

"Thank You Lord Jesus that You are the one who changes me into Your image! All I can do is submit my life and heart to You. May You be praised forever. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment